I have seen a fair few people do this blog post in the last few weeks and I thought it was a really intriguing one so I’ve hopped onto the bandwagon. After seeing Sarah from Zero do this post on Monday it made me want to do it too! You can read her post here.
I was debating between doing my everyday make up routine and my current full faced routine, but in the end decided to go with the everyday as, after all, it is the routine I follow, yep you guessed it, every day.
So lets get on with it- the products in question:
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer: £24
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation: £29
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer: £17.50
- Rimmel London Clear Complexion Powder: £3.99
- The Balm Mary Lou Manizer Highlighter: £17.49
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer:£23.50
- NYX Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade: £5.50
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: £7.99
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner: £16
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner: £3.99
- Miss Sporty My BFF Lipstick: £2.99
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: £22
My total hasn’t actually surprised me all that much; I expected it to be pretty high- if not higher! I suppose for my quick everyday make up look for work I don’t use my beloved eyeshadow palettes which would definitely have increased the total! I do also think I have a good mix of high end and drugstore products- in my opinion there are some high end things I can’t resist buying (cough anything from Make Up For Ever, cough) but I can’t deny how great some of these drugstore products are. Having said this, as a student with only a part time job this is an eye watering amount of money- especially to be putting on my face all day! To put it into perspective this is about a third of my monthly bills and rent put together…
Anyway, Over To You: How much is your face worth? Does your total surprise you?