As beauty bloggers, we all have a endless beauty wish-list that does nothing but grow with every new product the beauty world throws at us. Reading through blog posts, scrolling through Instagram, and watching Youtube videos, we’re constantly exposed to more and more products that we instantly fall in love with. We can’t help but fall into the trap of spending a ridiculous amount of money on all kinds of new products that we’ve watched our favourite beauty guru’s continuously rave about.
That being said, I absolutely love all things beauty- make up, skincare, hair products etc. There is something so satisfying about buying and trying new products, and watching your collection grow. A lot of my friends and family think it’s ridiculous and can’t understand why I choose to spend my money on such things but I am a firm believer of doing what makes you happy.
Anyway, in this blog post I thought I would give you all an insight into all of the products that I’m currently lusting after. My birthday is at the end of August so I’m hoping I can get some of them as presents!
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette: I own the Chocolate Bar palette and I absolutely adore it. I love the colour selection and have been really into doing a smokey brown eyeshadow look lately, and that is the perfect palette for just that! When I initially heard about the Sweet Peach palette I have to admit I was pretty skeptical; I just didn’t think that they were going to be able to live up to the hype that still surrounds the chocolate bar, but boy was I wrong! I am constantly seeing this being used in beautiful make up looks all over my Instagram and I definitely want to get my hands on it.
- Becca Champagne Pop (x) : There is no denying that this highlighter is a cult classic; I find it hard to find a beauty guru that doesn’t own it. It is so pretty and just really makes your cheekbones pop, and I have been dying to get my hands on it. It was hard to get in the UK to begin with but Cult Beauty came to the rescue and started stocking it. Whilst I really want to try this highlighter, I just can’t justify the price tag.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade (x) : Again, this is a product that everyone has been raving about for the last year or so. It seems to be just about everyones go-to brow product and I’ve been wanting to try it for a while. I’ve only recently properly started doing anything to my eyebrows and I’ve been loving NYX’s Tame & Frame as a decent substitute but it is starting to dry up a bit so now might be my opportunity to give the ABH one a shot.
- Kat Von D Lock It Foundation (x) : I have heard SO many amazing things about this product and it just feel like one of those things that I HAVE to try. Unfortunately the only way for my to get my hands on any of her make up products is to go aboard and go to a Sephora! Obviously I haven’t had the opportunity to do so, but the news that Kat Von D is bringing her make up line to the UK in September has been the best thing I’ve heard for a while! It’s about time!
- Kat Von D Shade And Light Palette (x) : Another one of Kat’s products I’ve been wanting to try out- I’ve seen a lot of people singing it’s praises and I like having the idea of having it all in one convenient palette.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (x) : Again, I’ve seen this eyeliner named as a lot of peoples holy grail eyeliner, and I would really love to try it out.
- Colourpop (x) : I thought I should just give this brand an entire section on it’s own as I want to try out just about everything they’ve ever made. At the beginning of the month they announced that they were finally offering international shipping, although at $25 it still feels a bit a steep. I was waiting for payday before I made an order and now that’s come I might just treat myself. I want to try some of their eyeshadows, highlights and the lippystiks of course. Specifically Lumiere 2. KathleenLights new collab with them came out recently and I’d love to try that out too.
- NYX Studio HD Finishing Powder (x) : I’ve heard this is a great dupe for the Make Up For Ever HD Powder which I’ve been wanting to try but a lot cheaper.
- Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette (x) : We all know how much I love eyeshadow and this is just another palette that I desperately need in my life.
- Make Up Geek Manny MUA Palette (x) : This is probably one of the most beautiful palettes I’ve ever seen in my life but I’m just prepared to fork out £50 (yes, I know) for just 9 eyeshadows.
- Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara (x) : This mascara was a big hit a long while back and everybody seemed to be loving it. I never managed to get my hands on it but it’s one of those products that I’ve never seemed to be able to stop thinking about.
- MAC Velvet Teddy/Whirl (x) : I’ve said this before but I don’t really wear lipstick all that much. It’s something I am trying to get more into as it can really make or break a full faced make up look, but I just don’t have the confidence for super bold colours, and I don’t have the patience to keep reapplying it all day. Having said that, Velvet Teddy and Whirl are the two I see talked about the most and I think I’m gonna give them a go.
- Spectrum Cosmetics Eyeshadow Brush Set (x) : I recently purchased a fan brush from this company and oh my god I am in LOVE. They are so pretty and I really love the pop of colour they give to my brush pot. They are pretty inexpensive but still a really great quality, and I definitely want to get some more. You can never have too many eyeshadow brushes, right?
- Nivea Men’s Post Shave Balm (x) : Unless you’ve been living under a rock you will have heard about using this product as a primer. Weird, I know but people are swearing that it actually works. I’ve been wanting to try it for ages but I can’t quite bring myself to, and I’m scared it’ll leave my face feeling weird.
- The Body Shop Pina Colada Body Butter (x) : This stuff just smells so amazing which is weird because I personally hate both the smell (and taste) of pineapple and coconut, but somehow this product just smells like heaven in a bottle. Perfect for summer and will leave your body feeling so soft and smooth.
- Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Ice Cold : Now, this one I debated about including in this list. As you all know there’s been a lot of drama and controversy surrounding Jeffree Star lately and I made the decision that I didn’t want to support him or his make up line, so most likely I won’t ever purchase this product.. but I can still admire just how gorgeous it is…
- Sleek Highlight Palette (x) : I’ve seen everyone on Youtube go absolutely crazy over these lately and the packaging is just to die for. I will definitely be getting my hands on this at some point… when it’s not sold out in all my local Boots stores, that is..
- Sleek Contour Palette (x) : I’ve never really been one to go all out on the crazy contouring other than a bit of bronzer and highlight, but I feel like I need to have a contour kit in my make up collection. I’ve seen a lot of hype over this one lately as everyone claims it to be perfect; for fair skin.
- Nyx Vivid Brights Eyeliner (x) : I’ve been wanting to try these for ages and my local Boots store finally has a nyx counter so I’m going to get myself some of them. They give the perfect pop of colour to a cat eye.
This list could go on forever probably, and there are a lot of other things I could include but I think I’m going to wrap it up here. These are the ones that came to mind when I sat down to write this post, and are the ones I’m constantly wanting to purchase. I’ve tried to link all the products I could but some of them were unavailable in the UK/I couldn’t find links.
As a sidenote, I just wanted to apologise for my lack of posts lately. Between work , being away and a massive slump of lack of motivation I haven’t really felt like writing, nor have I found the time. I’m going to really try to keep on top of my weekly posts though (Wednesday, 5:30pm!) from now on!
Over to you: Have you got any of these products? Are any of these on your wish-list too? What else is on your wish-list?